I bet you could tell me all about your P&L from last year. You know where your money went.
But how many of you know your TIME P&L? How much time did you gain or lose last year? How much was spent well and how much was wasted? You know time is money (actually time is far more valuable) so shouldn’t you know? Shouldn’t you have time bookeeper?
If I started chucking your money into a fire, you’d stop me. But if I want to waste your time, you will hand it over on a silver platter. “No I wouldn’t Lewis, no way in hell!” you might say but I would counter with “How much wasted time have you spent in meetings?”
- 11 million meetings are held each day, which means that 55 million meetings are held per week, and 220 million meetings are held per year.
- 15% of an organization’s time is spent in meetings, which has increased every year since 2008.
- It has been observed that middle managers spend 35% of their time in meetings.
- The employees in upper management spend 50% of their time in meetings.
- Research suggests that employees spend 4 hours per week, preparing for status update meetings.
- A recent survey found that 67% of employees complain that spending too much time in meetings hinders them from being productive at work.
- More than 35% of employees found that they waste 2 to 5 hours per day on meetings and calls, but they achieve nothing to show.
Time. On your deathbed you won’t be asking for another dollar, you’ll be asking for another minute.
Isn’t it time to stop wasting time?
Talk to me, I can help your business fix this by starting with your meetings and spreading throughout your entire company.